Portsmouth, New Hampshire--(February 2011)--"Let's face it, Valentine's Day can be a tough holiday for singles," says Mike Thiel, Founder and President of Hideaways InternationalTM, Inc. (www.Hideaways.com). "But there are places in this world where adventurous and out-going travelers can mix, mingle, and be very merry, despite--or maybe because of--their single status!"
Hideaways.com's Top 5 Vacation Spots for Singles
1. Canadian Mountain Holidays (Mountain adventures in Alberta)--Spend your days heli-skiing or heli-boarding with your guide and no more than 10 other adventurous souls. Enjoy exclusive access to exceptional deep-powder skiing or snowboarding amidst truly breathtaking wilderness scenery. Just imagine the camaraderie and stories you'll share with your new friends over dinner back at one of the 11 unique, comfortable mountain lodges!
2. Bitter End Yacht Club (Virgin Gorda, BVI)--This clubby yet informal hideaway, with a collection of suites and villas perched on a hilly peninsula, is one of the world's best resorts for water sports enthusiasts. Here, enjoy unlimited use of the club's extensive collection of boats as well as sunset sailing parties; snorkeling and scuba diving; deep-sea, reef, and flats fishing; and exercise programs--just the kind of activities that turn strangers into friends.
3. Kamalame Cay (The Bahamas)--This private-island resort comprising a collection of beachfront cottages and sumptuous villa suites offers world-class fishing (this is the bone-fishing capital of the world), scuba diving and snorkeling, sea kayaking, tennis, and beachcombing. In the evenings, drift over to the Great House to share convivial cocktails with an eclectic group of fellow guests as well as exquisite, relaxed, family-style dining on the wrap-around veranda.
4. Star Clippers (Caribbean, Mediterranean, and Far East)--If you're a romantic at heart, a voyage aboard one of Star Clippers' three reproduction clipper ships will stir your soul. It's hard to imagine a more moving sight than white canvas sails billowing overhead against an azure blue sky. The line's small ships mean you'll interact with the captain, make friends with other passengers, and even lend a hand in the ritual of raising the sails to catch the breeze.
5. Silversea Cruises (Worldwide)--This is the epitome of luxe cruising, with all-oceanview-suite ships, a six-star level of quality and service, and an all-inclusive price tag that covers food, beverages, and a selection of well-organized excursions. Here, singles benefit from dramatically reduced "solo traveler" fares, and female travelers never have to feel alone thanks to the line's Gentlemen Hosts, available as dinner companions or dance partners on select sailings.
"If you don't have a special someone in your life this Valentine's Day, you can still have a very happy and special holiday at one of these fun-loving retreats," says Mike. "And that beats a boring box of chocolates any day."
# # #
About Hideaways International
Hideaways International, Inc., which operates the Hideaways Aficionado® Club, has been seeking the best-of-kind and the out-of-the-ordinary for its savvy, discerning, and well-traveled members for more than three decades. Members, who hail from around the world, range from notable celebrities, musicians, publishers, authors, captains of industry, and politicians to ordinary folks with extraordinary taste. All are part of this lively community with a passion for travel away from the madding crowds.
For more information, visit www.Hideaways.com or contact Gail Richard at 603-430-4433, ext. 112, or email@example.com.