Hideaways International's Top 10 Romantic Escapes with a Twist
Top 12 Hottest Travel Spots for 2014
A+ Travel: Best-in-Class Learning Experiences
Hideaways International Rounds Up Its Top 10 Last-Minute Summer Escapes
Top 5 Toast-Worthy Trips for Father's Day, Hideaways-Style
Summer Dilemma: To Travel With or Without the Kids
Top 5 Ways to Send Mom Packing, Hideaways-Style
New Additions to The Hideaways Collection
The Hideaways.com 2013 "Valentine's Travel List"
Hideaways.com Names Top 13 Hottest Spots for 2013
Hideaways.com's Top 10 Most Romantic Retreats for 2012
Hideaways.com Names Top 12 Soon-To-Be-Hot Destinations for 2012
Travel Expert & Veteran Cruiser's Top 5 Tips for Cruising Safely
Scrooge-Approved Vacation Retreats
Poll Results: 89% of Discerning Travelers Likely to Shed Their Inhibitions
While on Vacation
International Names Winner of "Rescue Me" Contest
Top 8 "Go Big"
Top 8 Pools
with a View & a Twist
Unexpected & Unforgettable Cruise Experiences
Top 10 Most
Romantic Hideaways for 2011
(Happily) on Valentine's Day - Top 5 Vacation Spots for Singles!
Especially When Traveling
International's Top 10 for 2011
Sexy & Sustainable 7
International's Top 10 Destination Wedding Spots
International's Sexy 7 Hideouts
International's Top 10 Destinations for 2010
No one wants to spend Thanksgiving at a relative's house, yet 65% will do just
Top 10 Villa
Resorts for a Family Thanksgiving
Hideaways: Where Ghosts & Guests Enjoy Luxury
Yes We Can . .
. Vacation Like President Obama
78% of High-End Travelers Want to Visit Cuba
WITHOUT The Kids
Time For The Family Vacation!
Poll Results: 81% of Luxe Travelers Are Losing Their
Shirts—Literally—While on Vacation
Travel Guru Makes His Picks for Where to Travel in 2009
Announces 2009 Luxury Cruise Sale
Names The 10 Most Romantic Retreats In The World
Available As Guest For Your Show...
The President-Elect In A Villa Or Private Home!
Santa Claus is
the Latest Recipient of Hideaways International's "I Need a Hideaway" Award
the Rich and Famous
How is this for
the Coolest Job on the Planet?
| FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Gail Richard
603-430-4433, ext. 112
Top 10 Destination Wedding Spots
Portsmouth, New Hampshire--(March 2010)
Many couples get engaged at Christmas, over New Year's, and on Valentine's Day, so Mike Thiel, Founder/ President of Hideaways InternationalTM, Inc. (www.Hideaways.com), reveals Hideaways International's picks for the Top 10 Spots for a Destination Wedding in 2010.
1. The Arrabelle at Vail Square, Vail, Colorado: This is a luxurious option for the ultimate winter wedding. Wedding guests can ride to the top of the gondola route for a snowy ceremony, or enjoy a "green" wedding back at the hotel with options like an organic menu. With just 36 exquisite rooms, the entire resort can be booked--and there's plenty for everyone to enjoy, from dog sledding to luscious spa treatments.
2. Willows Lodge, Woodinville, Washington: Wine country is an appropriate spot for a "spirited" and elegant wedding. Larger celebrations of up to 180 people can be accommodated here, though overnight guests would be limited to the 84 Northwest-lodge-style rooms and suites. This intimate getaway is great for a weekend event.
3. Guana Island, British Virgin Islands: Betrotheds can rent this entire private island resort, just like Hideaways members, the Bessers (pictured), who invited 33 guests and had the whole place to themselves, including the secluded North Beach Cottage for the bride and groom. Events included a pre-wedding beach BBQ with a steel-pan band and the barefoot wedding ceremony on the beach.
4. Half Moon, Jamaica: At this perennial Hideaways wedding favorite, the bride and groom are assigned a Certified Romance Specialist who helps plan every detail, including which venue to pick for the ceremony--from the Beach Gazebo, which seats 15, to Sunrise Beach, which can accommodate up to 200 guests. And the Half Moon Email Center is an easy way to send personalized "Save-the-Date" emails using Half Moon's professionally designed templates.
Top 10 Destination
1. The Arrabelle at Vail Square, Colorado
2. Willows Lodge, Washington
3. Guana Island, BVI
4. Half Moon, Jamaica
5. Cabo Azul Resort & Spa, Mexico
6. Maroma Resort and Spa, Mexico
7. The Athenaeum, England
8. Villa San Michele, Italy
9. Yasawa Island Resort, Fiji
10. Cruising, Worldwide
• Honorable Mention: Villas, Worldwide
Destination Wedding Tip
Be aware of the legal issues surrounding your destination wedding. You may need to have a legal civil ceremony in the United States before heading off to another country to celebrate. Or, you may be able to do it all in one legal fell swoop, as you can in Mexico, Jamaica, Fiji, and others. For more information, contact Hideaways InternationalTM at 800-843-4433.
5. Cabo Azul Resort & Spa, Los Cabos, Mexico: A five-story, open-air wedding chapel on site makes this an ideal destination, especially when coupled with ocean breezes, clear-blue skies, and enough activities (nearby golf, swimming, horseback riding, etc.) to keep everyone on the guest list happy. The resort's comfortable yet luxurious one- two-, and three-bedroom villas with full kitchens are perfect for group travel.
6. Maroma Resort and Spa, Riviera Maya, Mexico: For those who feel their romance was orchestrated by the stars, this is the place to say "I do"--this jungle-meets-ocean resort was crafted by local Maya masons according to ancient astrological principles. Couples exchange vows in their own unique way, whether it's a moonlit celebration or a day-long Mexican fiesta. A wedding planner is available to help with all the details, from pre-ceremony spa treatments for the wedding party to choosing a videographer.
7. The Athenaeum, London, England: From a simple and intimate ceremony to a royal reception, Athenaeum's staff provide personal attention to wedding details from beginning to end with innovative menus, featuring "Modern British" dishes, and a wine list that offers the world's finest. Newlyweds can end their big day in one of the hotel's luxurious suites overlooking Green Park, where champagne and homemade chocolates await.
8. Villa San Michele, Fiesole, Italy: This is one of those picture-perfect settings for a wedding. Aside from the fact that it embodies 15th-century romance, the Villa also has stunning views of the Florentine countryside, serves superb continental cuisine, and offers a full-service wedding planner who knows all the best local suppliers. Case in point: The hotel once organized a wedding ceremony that concluded with a fireworks display synchronized to live music performed by a local chamber orchestra.
9. Yasawa Island Resort, Fiji: Couples can be (legally) married in Fiji in the shade of palms, on the sands of a deserted beach, or under the stars, enjoying local touches like a Fijian choir, island decorations, and even traditional dress. Yasawa's standard wedding package takes care of everything--the license, the village minister, decorations, attendants, the choir, and set-up, with the option of adding extras like photography or a tiered wedding cake.
10. Cruising, Worldwide: Couples can get married at City Hall and then have an on-board reception, or they can exchange vows in a port (making sure it's legal back home, of course). When the bride and groom are inviting a varied crowd, Celebrity Cruises and Holland American Line fit the bill with their comfortable size and healthy number of entertainment options; for an adult-only crowd, Azamara Club Cruises and Oceania Cruises are preferable for their luxe options and refined style.
• Honorable Mention--Villas, Worldwide: The bride and groom, and their families and friends, can relax at home (just not their home) when they rent a villa or a villa compound, depending on the number of guests. For the most relaxing vacation rental experience, a staffed villa--with a cook, maid, and maybe even a butler--and the assistance of a local wedding planner ensure the bride doesn't have to lift a finger in preparation for the big day.
"'Love is in the air,' to quote a sweet little pop song from the '70s," says Mike. "But somehow, love just seems a little more exciting when it's in the air at a lush beach resort, in the middle of wine country, or on top of a snowy peak. Getting married or renewing vows away from home makes a memorable occasion even more unforgettable, for the bride and groom and the guests."
About Mike Thiel
Mike Thiel founded Hideaways International in 1979. Over the last three decades, he has traveled the world sampling its best lodgings and travel experiences, and has become a sought-after guest on radio and television news and talk shows across the country.
To arrange an interview with Mike Thiel, contact Gail Richard at 603-430-4433, ext. 112, or email@example.com.
About Hideaways International
Hideaways International, Inc., which operates the Hideaways Aficionado® Club, has been seeking the best-of-kind and the out-of-the-ordinary for its savvy, discerning, and well-traveled members for more than three decades. Members, who hail from around the world, range from notable celebrities, musicians, publishers, authors, captains of industry, and politicians to ordinary folks with extraordinary taste. All are part of this lively community with a passion for travel away from the madding crowds.
For more information, visit www.Hideaways.com or contact Gail Richard at 603-430-4433, ext. 112, or firstname.lastname@example.org.