Top 9 Take-the-Kids Destinations
1. Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, BVI: This water-lover's wonderland has every kind of water sport imaginable and an extensive kids' program.
2. The Buccaneer, St. Croix, USVI: Devoted families return year after year for the golf, tennis, water sports, spa, nature travel, dining, and kids' camp.
3. The Resort at Paws Up, Montana: There's nothing like "glamping" (that is, "glamorous camping") and cowboy antics to bring a family closer together.
4. Cheeca Lodge and Spa, Florida: Its unique combo of luxury, relaxation, and oceanfront diversion has been uniting families for 60+ years.
5. Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic: This welcoming retreat on 7,000 acres dazzles with oceanfront villas and plenty to do, like children's programs.
6. The Cloister, Georgia: This southern enclave enriches families with a warm, welcoming atmosphere and the very nurturing and fun Camp Cloister.
7. Paul Gauguin Cruises, French Polynesia: Relax, be pampered, and learn while you explore lush islands and tropical flora (see kid deal below).
8. Santa Marina Resort & Villas, Greece: Smart, scenic, and great for families, with villas that have kitchens, private pools, and stunning views.
9. Italy Villas: Renting a villa in any part of Italy is ideal for families with kids ages 6 and up—you'll save money and enjoy the space and comforts of home.
Top 9 Just-for-Two Destinations
1. Guana Island, BVI: At this laid-back-yet-sybaritic resort, it's just the two of you, 28 or so other guests, and sexy delights like seven empty beaches.
2. Scrub Island, BVI: Peace, solitude, and luxuries like butler service and three private beaches are what make this private-island retreat so special.
3. Laluna, Grenada: This top-notch sanctuary in a low-key corner of the Caribbean is just the place to lose the world . . . and find each other again.
4. Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Florida: This oh-so-exotic indulgence, with TV-free thatched-roof bungalows, is just 28 miles east of Key West.
5. Hotel Villa Rolandi, Mexico: This gorgeous getaway is all about the water (with all sorts of maritime pastimes) and world-class eats.
6. Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Mexico: You'll enjoy leisurely living by a lagoon, with lazy hours spent in a hammock and romantic ferry rides to dinner.
7. Mezzatorre Resort & Spa, Italy: Built for defense, this 15th-century tower is now an enticing stronghold of serenity and rejuvenation. In a word: aaah.
8. The Sarojin, Thailand: With a dreamy setting amidst spectacular scenery, this resort is a contemporary Asian oasis of beauty, harmony, and restoration.
9. Silversea Cruises: Like a delightful vacation home, this line's four exquisite, all-suite ships have a flair for the (much) finer things in life.
A Take-the-Kids Deal: Make Them Ambassadors!
This summer, your kids or grandkids (ages 9 to 17) can be introduced to the natural wonders of French Polynesia through hands-on, interactive learning with Paul Gauguin Cruises' Ambassadors of the Environment Program—for FREE—when you reserve your summer 2013 sailing on the Paul Gauguin with Hideaways Travel Services by Apr-30-13.
In addition, you'll receive 50% off standard cruise fares, free air from L.A., up to $200 in shipboard credit (Hideaways-exclusive), a free cabin gift (Hideaways-exclusive), and a one-year gift membership in the Hideaways Aficionado Club ($195 value).
To get matched with your ideal itinerary, and to receive all your freebies and perks, contact your Cruise Specialist at Hideaways Travel Services (toll-free: 800-843-4433), or request more information now.